Erin & Mike's New Home
Back to our New Home Index..
- December 2, 2002 (22
- Drywall is up! Looks like it needs to be cleaned up a bit still, but
they are almost done with it and this is key because an official date
should come once drywall is complete! Pic #19 shows a good view of our
vaulted ceiling in our master bedroom.
- December 7, 2002 (18
- Drywall is complete. Looks as though they've also textured the walls
throughout. Starting to look like an actual home, eh?
- December 17, 2002 (33
- Cabinets are in, light fixtures are in, wall plates (to cover outlets,
phone jacks, etc) have been installed, tile in entry-way and around fire
place has been installed, tile in showers has been installed and walls
have been painted. Landscaping has been done (all except grass which can't
be finished until next spring). This is a surprise as the other units
that were finished first didn't get landscaping until after the tenants
had moved in. All that's left is countertops, appliances, sinks, toilets,
- December 21, 2002 (28
- We stopped in to measure for our refrigerator and happened to catch
Bill installing our hardwood floors! As you can see in pics he's about
half done. Another addition are the lampposts outside...we aren't sure
if we like the one in the front as it's about the same height as our bedroom
window...hopefully it's not too bright! Countertops have been installed
in kitchen and bathrooms. Hot water heater has been delivered but not
- December 24, 2002 (17
- Toilets and most sinks have been installed. Bill obviously finished
the hardwood floors. I found a few blemishes that will hopefully be gone
by the time we do our walkthrough, and the hot water heater was installed.
- December 29, 2002 (6
- Stopped in at night with our friends Jon and Kelly after returning from
San Diego. We now have carpet and appliances, as well as the kitchen sink.
Last updated 1/16/03