Summer Vacation 2009
On June 25th, 2009, we set out on another mega-roadtrip that would take us through Wyoming to Jackson Hole, on up to the Montana House at Flathead Lake again. Mike flew back home to work during the week, then returned to take the family onward towards San Francisco via Klamath Falls, OR and Lassen Volcanic National Park. Then, to get home, we went via Yosemite & Great Basin National Parks and Colorado National Monument. The pictures are split as follows:
- The first set of pics show our short stop in Jackson Hole where Mike and the boys took a cold, rainy ride in their new massive gondola through and above the clouds to the summit. The other pics are of the boys playing frisbee at a Montana rest area East of Missoula.
- The second set are from our time in Montana and include time around the house, the boys "riding" horses, Jacob and Mike kayaking, the boys taking a scenic flight around the lake with Bowpa, and the traditional sunset shots.
- The third set takes us back on the road, this time en route to San Francisco. Shots include a massive park in Kennewick, WA, Lassen Volcanic National Park, and the Jelly Belly factory just outside of SF.
- The fourth set of pics are all around San Francisco. Since Jacob picked this destination due to his desire to see the bridge, there are of course lots of Golden Gate shots. We hit the SF Zoo, the California Academy of Sciences, and a boat ride to the bridge and around Alcatraz.
- The last set includes shots on our way home via Yosemite National Park, Great Basin National Park (one of the least visited and for a good reason), and the Colorado National Monument (a relatively unknown treasure in Western Colorado).
A few notes about browsing through the pages: Click on any thumbnail to see the full picture. To come back to this page, simply click the "Summer 2009 Home" link that you'll see at the bottom of any thumbnail page. Enjoy!
Last updated 06/01/10